Certificate Pursuant To Article 75 Of The Schengen Agreement

Contact the CAK or visit its website (in Dutch) if you or your minor child need to travel to a country outside the Schengen area and take medicines covered by the Opium Act. You will tell yourself what procedure you need to follow for the country you are visiting in order to obtain a medical certificate. If you are crossing the Schengen countries to a destination outside the Schengen area, you will only need a medical certificate in English. The medical certificate also applies in the Schengen States. 3. Travel to other countries In order to also be able to take controlled medicines with them when travelling to countries other than those mentioned above, the Federal Opium Office advises patients to act in accordance with the guidelines for travellers published by the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB). This directive stipulates that patients should obtain from their prescribing doctors a multilingual certificate containing information on individual and daily doses, the international name of the active substance and the duration of the journey. This certificate must also be certified (see above) by the competent higher health authority of the country or by an authority to which it has delegated this competence and must be paid during the journey. The layout of the certificate is not binding; model of such a certificate.

The Directive provides that controlled drugs are to be transported for a maximum journey of 30 days. In the absence of internationally harmonised rules for the transport of controlled drugs outside the Schengen area, the national rules of the respective countries of destination or transit should be respected. . . .

Did you like this? Share it!